Nail Colours for the Chilly Weather

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Recently I discovered that a jazzy nail polish colour makes for the perfect chilly weather uniform accessory. So, in the beginning of autumn, I promised myself that I'd make more effort to paint my nails regularly to look the part and feel more sassy. The plan is that every week or two I'll try a new colour that I haven't tried before. So if you fancy joining in, here are 5 different colour palettes and individual shades that I'm excited to wear during the next few months, starting with the snazzy shades of blue above.

Blue: 1. Lady Muck, 2. Natty, 3. The Perfect Cover Up.

Grey: 1. Body Language, 2. Dove, 3. Chinchilly.

Red: 1. Pillar Box Red, 2. Blair, 3. Dress To Kilt.

Brown: 1. My Empires My Rules, 2. Fierce, No Fear, 3. Very Structured.

And purple: 1. Damsel in a Dress, 2. Just a Little Dangerous, 3. The Lace Is On.

Which one tickles your fancy? What's your shade of choice this season? xo

P.S: Also, oxblood nails and golden eye.
P.P.S: How to wear layers like a true Parisian.

(Photos by/via Dappled Willow, Sfgirlbybay, M. Klasan, Moon and Trees and Alex Yeske. Layout by exPress-o)

25 comments:

Sara said...

I also like gold paired with winter whites!

Monica | Hola!design said...

love the grey! i've been wearing essie's mink muffs and i really like it!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

How fun! I have yet to find the perfect gray and brown shade since the wrong hue will make me look washed out kind of....

My favorite purple will always be OPI´s Lincoln Park After Dark.

holtkamp said...

I need to try those blues! Love this post! Xo

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I definitely tend to reach for darker shades as the temperature falls, and this year I am really feeling the dark blues!

Jill said...

I have 100+ bottles of nail polish, but actually don't wear it much anymore. My nails were stained and I read it's unhealthy to wear all the time. I do have my nails painted Essie's Really Red now tho! I like pink in the spring and summer and the more saturated reds for winter.

Chrissy said...

Love all of them and now I want a manicure! haha
Thanks and hugs, sweetie xxx

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

One of each of these please!

Jillian said...

ohh so many pretty picks! i love the gray, red, and purple shades! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Hildi said...

I've got a thing for burgundy nails at the moment. If only just to match what's in my glass :-)

Marcela said...

I can't decide which color is my favorite! Probably... I 'd pick the first, blue one. This color looks fantastic and I'm sure that it's not difficult to find clothes which look good with blue nails.

Sara said...

I love this post! I tend to go for oxblood in the fall and winter but I really love the idea of trying shades of blue and gray too.

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

i love these layouts! i can't get enough of the fall colors for mani/pedis

Steph said...

I have one on now very similar to that purple in the picture. Great post. I have been thinking about gel polish over Christmas break and thought about trying a dark colour like one of these that I wouldn't always go for. Hope you have a lovely weekend! x

Diana Mieczan said...

That sounds so lovely and festive, Sara!

Diana Mieczan said...

I need to try that one out, Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, OPI´s Lincoln Park After Dark is beautiful, indeed!

Diana Mieczan said...

So happy about that, holtkamp:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Elisa, same here. I love darker shades for cooler months.

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Chrissy!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Marieken!

Diana Mieczan said...

Love your comment, Hildi!

Diana Mieczan said...

Marcela, blue goes great with pretty much everything.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sara, oxblood is fantastic for autumn!

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I've been thinking about gel polish as well. I think, we should go for it:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk