Making Beeswax Candles

Monday, November 17, 2014

Speaking of honey, have you ever made your own beeswax candles? Recently I read that beeswax candles are environmentally friendly, non toxic or allergenic, plus their subtle honey fragrance makes my knees weak:)


So, on Saturday after gathering solid beeswax, wicks and jars, I followed Erika's how-to and made a whole bunch of candles to last us throughout the season. I may even give a few away as gifts to friends and family. Actually, I worried that it's going to get pretty messy, but in reality the whole process couldn't be easier. Not to mention, now I have the perfect excuse to light candles daily all around the flat. Thanks Erika! Would you try it? xo

P.S: Also, Clementine candles and wine cork candles.
P.P.S: Plus, those two fall-perfect potpourris.

(Photos by Erika)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My two fave scents are honey and lavender. I need to get more crafty. Jill

Art Farm said...

So fun and what a wonderful gift during these dark days and nights! I made some candles in high school with some of my girlfriends. It was a fun afternoon, but they didn't turn out too good. I'll have to give this a try! xo, katie

Crafty Lumberjacks said...

Love homemade candles!! These are beautiful!

Jill said...

I'm making candles tonight!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, that would make an amazing combo for sure:)

Diana Mieczan said...

You totally should, Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Crafty Lumberjacks:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hope you had fun, Jill:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk