Immune Boosting Elixir

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My lovelies, how are you feeling? In our end, it seems to be already the season of sneezing, sniffling or coughing. Yup, no matter where I look, I feel like everyone would certainly benefit from a warm drink and a day spent on a sofa under a cozy blanket. Even, Balazs and I’ve been battling a cold but the one thing that really helped was this flavoured honey.

It’s a wonderful mix of ginger (with its antibiotic qualities), turmeric (strong antioxidant and powerful body cleanser), lemon zest (aka immunity booster) and a dash of black pepper. It goes amazingly with a hot afternoon tea or on its own in a cup of hot water.

Make a whole jar, keep it in the fridge and use it daily. xo

Ginger & Turmeric Honey Elixir
(Makes 1/2 cup. Recipe by Green Kitchen Stories)

- 1/2 cup (120 ml) honey
- 3 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 organic unwaxed lemon, freshly grated zest
- 1 pinch ground black pepper

Stir together all ingredients in a bowl. Taste and add more ginger or turmeric if needed. Aim for a really strong flavour, you’ll only add a few teaspoons to a cup of water. Store it in a glass container. Boil a cup of water and let slightly cool (to keep the benefits from the honey intact), stir in a few teaspoons of the honey mixture and drink. You can also add this to your favourite brewed tea.

P.S: Also, this superfood mocktail, this avocado booster and that magic cold and flu tea :)
P.P.S: To keep the flu away.

(Photos and layout by exPress-o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very timely as both of my kids are sick and pretty quickly I will catch it from them too. Where can I buy turmeric? I've never tried it before. Thanks

Camila Faria said...

Oh WOW, this must be amazing with a cup of tea! And the color? So pretty!

Ann said...

I really think I'm going to love its taste. Thanks for sharing.

http://momsturf.blogspot.com/

Art Farm said...

This sounds perfect. A sore throat has just started about an hour or two ago. I think I'll swing by the store and get the ingredients on my way home! Thanks, sweetie! xo, Katie

Hildi said...

Still here in the tropics I am blessed to be able to get hold of fresh tumeric. This is an elixir I drink every month, where I cook water, finely sliced tumeric, some lemongrass and cayenne pepper. let it simmer for about 5 minutes or so. Then I add lemon and honey. I swear it has kept my immune system strong for all these months. (The Cayenne pepper has the added bonus of kick starting your metabolism at the beginning of the day).

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, you should be able to get it in your local health store or even a better food shop:)

Diana Mieczan said...

So good, Camila:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Ann! I love the taste of it so much.

Diana Mieczan said...

Hildi, it sounds perfect. I am so going to try it. Thank you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Katie! Feel better soon, sweetie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk