Greetings!

Thursday, November 6, 2014


I have an unhealthy love for funky door mats. Having said that, recently our friends moved from Australia and bought a house, but instead of getting a door mat, they spray-painted “G'day” outside their door. To all our surprise, each time we go over for a visit, that little message instantly puts us in a great mood before we even enter the door. There is something about those little unexpected things that makes a house a home, don't you think? Would you swap your door mat for a painted 'welcome' sign?  xo

P.S: #1 rule to an autumn home.
P.P.S: And this place makes me swoon.

(Photos via KPE, Billy and Britta Nickel)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I just need to convince my husband to do this. Lovely idea.

Hildi said...

What a great idea!

Jillian Manesh said...

cute idea! i love the last one. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Steph said...

Heh! I like the one that just says hello. :)

Jill said...

Cute idea. We need our doormat though...keeps the yuck outside.
I have a super cute mat that says "Home Sweet Home" that I scored at the Dollar Store (though is was like 12 bucks).

Diana Mieczan said...

Good luck, Anonymous!

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Hildi:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...Jill, I love your mat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk