Go-To Uniform

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Do you ever get into an autumn/winter outfit rut? Every year as soon as the weather gets really cold and frosty, I get into a routine of wearing snug sweaters over cotton tees and my favourite jeans. In some strange way my mind tells me that this is the only way I can feel warm, so I just keep on wearing sweaters with jeans till spring :) Am I the only one?

Having said that, this year I'm on a mission to change this weird habit and make more effort, while still feeling super comfy. So from today, every week I will post a little understated and wearable outfit and list all the pieces you'd need to recreate it. You probably have most of them (or similar ones) in your closet already. Hopefully those uniforms will inspire us not to fall into our usual winter rut and enjoy the chilliness even more. Deal?

First stop, camel coat - fisherman sweater duo made sassy with a navy fedora and a clutch.


1. Wool camel coat by Zara, 2. Pump Street Bakery chocolate, 3. Fat & The Moon Hecate (wine colour) lip paint, 4. Classic Fedora hat in navy blue, 5. L.L.Bean signature Fisherman sweater, 6. Cath Kidston wallet, 7. Boden boots, 8. Skinny jeans by Gap, 9. Edor's hexagon bracelet, 10. Emerald studs by Andrea Bonelli.

Would you wear it? xo

P.S: Sundays are for lovers and Christmas dinner at the in-laws.
P.P.S: Don't miss our sassy necklace GIVEAWAY!

(Top photo via Organized Clutter. Layout by exPress-o)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You read my mind. I was just thinking about how I only wear two tops and an old pullover over winter.

Jillian Manesh said...

i love that sweater! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Oh I love this series, Diana! Can't wait to see more. I get stuck in the exact same rut in the winter. Endless days of sweaters and jeans. It's fine in the beginning, but by February I hate everything I own. I need to challenge myself a bit too. xo, Katie

Camila Faria said...

We are getting ready for summer over here, so I can't even look at those coats and sweaters... It's sooo hot, you can't imagine!

Marissa said...

This basically IS my winter uniform, except with a black coat instead of camel. I'll have to get a big floppy hat to spice things up though. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Those boots are cute, and I think I might need to do some research for a camel coat!

Steph said...

Love the look of that cozy knit! And the hot chocolate... don't have to tell me twice ;) x

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, yup same here...Usually by February I'm desperate...giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

You lucky girl, Camila:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Marissa, a big hat is a must:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Steph:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk