Bouncy Balls

Wednesday, November 12, 2014


Yippee, do you remember the awesome 2008 Sony commercial that involved 100 000 of those colourful balls bouncing down the streets of San Francisco? I have just spotted the making of it this morning and to my surprise the whole thing was 100 % real. Who knew? Yup, they tossed all those bouncy balls down the steep streets and the brilliant Peter Funch captured the spectacle in the most amazing way. Bravo to the hands on creativity! Hands down one of my all-time favourite commercials. What’s yours? xo

P.S: My other favourite.
P.P.S: Stay tuned for a beautiful giveaway Wednesday!

(via Honestly...wtf)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never seen this Sony advert. Thx for such fun treat this rainy morning. Jill

Camila Faria said...

Beautiful!!! They look like a colorful flock of birds!

Jillian Manesh said...

SO cool! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

OnePerfectDay said...

I remember this commercial!!
It's just beautiful!!

Couture Carrie said...

So fun!

xoxox,
CC

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Wow I never had seen that before…so cool!

Art Farm said...

Diana, my dear, watching this has totally made my day! I’ve been ill with a bad cold and I’m just starting to feel better. And seeing all that fun color bouncing all around was just energizing. The behind the scenes film was so cool and fascinating that Sony decided to take a more emotional approach compared to their competitors. xo, Katie

LyddieGal said...

I most certainly do and I completely agree - one of my favorite commercials ever!
Also, one of my favorite songs, and a rare instance of loving the cover version more than the original.
Chic on the Cheap

Polly Rowan said...

Oh I do remember remember this for sure. I had to study this commercial for my English GCSE media module (at the age of 15). So I most certainly knew it was real and knew every detail about the making of it haha! It is a beautiful advert but now I just remember the essay I had to write about it (and compare with the Cillet Bang advert haha).

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I can totally see that, Camila:) Brilliant!

Diana Mieczan said...

It truly is, isn't it, OnePerfectDay?

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh no, Katie! Hope you feel much better soon, sweetie. Btw: I totally agree, the behind the scenes is fascinating. It blew my mind:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm with you on that, Lyddie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Ha! How awesome, Polly:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk