Bell Bottoms: Thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, November 4, 2014





Have you heard? The 70s style-savvy bell bottoms are making a huge comeback this autumn. I have a pair (or two) tightly stored in the back on my closet, but I’m thinking that maybe I should get them out and give my beloved skinny jeans a run for its money:) Just imagine sporting them with a loose plaid shirt or a silk blouse with a blazer - retro uniform perfection. What do you think? Would you wear them? xo

P.S: Bonus, flare pants will make your legs look long and lean.
P.P.S: Playing with patterns and those wonderfully soothing winter blues.

(Photos by/via Garance Doré, Who What Wear, ELLE, Could I Have That?, Devon Rachel, Vanessa Jackman)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

They used to be my go to jeans. I might need to dig out my old pair. Jill

Jillian said...

ohhh i hope so!! i have a cute pair waiting in my closet :) i'd love to give my ankles a breather :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

little luxury list said...

I still have mine too! They are just so cool and will keep on making an appearance in the fashion world!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

LyddieGal said...

I like a little flare to mix up my silhouettes once in a while, I just don't like to get too 70's!
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

Melissa Blake said...

ooooh, definitely a BIG THUMBS UP!!!

Art Farm said...

I love the change up from the skinny jeans. And it's been fun to have a more 70s vibe. xo, Katie

magda said...

Wouldn't mind wearing these again.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I think I'm the only one who doesn't like them. Not my cup of tea, I do like the sassy black leather biker jacket that's in one of the pictures!

Anonymous said...

Oh well I feel like a smahgegee, they've never come out of my rotation. I personally think they're just as much a staple as skinnies. Paired with a crisp white shirt and a structured blazer, totally timeless.

BTW loved this blog!

Jen

Mandy Doornenbal said...

It's not that I dislike it, but I don't know. Maybe I have to get used to this trend.I do like the combinations on the last two photos!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

They were my go-to jeans ages ago, but having already done one 70s revival in the 90s, I don't think I can do another one. I do love the more polished version, like trousers or dark washes, on people with really long legs! I am not one of them unfortunately, and I think if you have thunder thighs bell bottoms actually make it worse. If you simply have strong legs however, I'd say go for it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Jill!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jen, thank you! xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk