Vintage San Francisco

Thursday, October 16, 2014




Gasp! During the 40s and 50s, Fred Lyon rediscovered the post-war San Francisco by strolling and capturing the essence of it with every new snapshot. He said that he couldn’t get enough of the energy and the lively spirit that was awakening at that time. If you ask me, he certainly nailed every one of those shots. Ah, what a city! Aren’t those images something special? xo

P.S: Plus, San Francisco at dusk and this dreamy spot.
P.P.S: Skateboarding in the 60s and stunning last century NYC.

(via My Modern Met)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my fave places in the whole world. Jill

Art Farm said...

Fantastic! I love that 2nd shot of the woman getting into the car. I was just looking into flights to San Francisco for next year. :) xo, Katie

Meshbetty said...

If I am not mistaken, the Woolworths in the first picture is now a Gap store. The Bank of America building across the way used to be a Forever 21 store until it moved.... I think I like this picture better then what it looks like today... :)

Monica | Hola!design said...

wonderful images! My ultimate dream would be to travel back in time, I'd definitely pick this era!

Diana Mieczan said...

Meshbetty :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk