The 15-minute rule to a less-distracted life.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

How are you with your house chores? Do you prefer spreading them throughout the week, or you'd rather do everything in one day?

Last year, after reading Jodi's post, I adapted her 15-minute rule to my everyday house chores to live a less distracted life. I'm not the type that would spend a whole day cleaning the house, and since I work from home, I get easily distracted if the kitchen floor needs mopping, or the pile of laundry that I've been avoiding is getting bigger and bigger. So taking 15 minutes each day to do one thing like laundry, cleaning the bathroom, organizing the closet or dusting makes my life smoother and keeps the distractions to a minimum. Works great for me. What works for you? xo

P.S: Your happiness makes your friends happy, too.
P.P.S: For a good night's sleep.

(Photos via mrs washalot and Minnie)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to have a system where I spent my whole Sunday cleaning. I ended up being tired the next morning and dreading weekends. Now I do most of my housework on Friday evenings but I like your idea much more.

LyddieGal said...

I do need to work hard to keep myself on track. Heck, it's already noon and my to-do list for the day has not gotten any shorter!
Chic on the Cheap

Art Farm said...

I used to try to do little things everyday. There's a site called Fly Lady and she has a whole system like this. It's pretty remarkable and I really like it, but so often the day just gets away from me and everything waits until the weekend. But that means the weekend always has one day of WORK and it would be nice to actually relax. I'll have to try this again. xo, Katie

Steph said...

I dread cleaning. We hired a cleaner! :)

Melissa Blake said...

yes, i could really use something like this! i always make that for my new year's resolution, but it never seems to stick!

Polly Rowan said...

Ah such a good idea! Breaking it up definitely makes it seem less daunting. Could be a good thing to do when you need a break from staring at the screen as well.

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I am totally checking out that site. Muah

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Good point, Polly:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I think this will make your Fridays and the weekends so much better:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk