Stripes + Plaid

Monday, October 13, 2014






Would you wear a plaid shirt with a striped tee this autumn? My friend Sofia calls this pairing: summer meets fall and rightfully so. It's funny because on paper those two patterns should totally clash, but in some magical way they actually complement each other. One thing for sure, both are my absolute favourites, so why not wear them together, right? xo

P.S: Plaid jacket and minimal stripes.
P.P.S: Plus, four easy rules to effortless stripes + those skirts.

(Photos by/via A Fabulous Fete, Because Shanna Said So, Daria, Southern Curls and Pearls, Life etc, Maritsa, New England, In Honor of Design, Refinery29)

12 comments:

Just Another Shopaholic said...

That first outfit is amazing.

Anonymous said...

You just opened for me a whole new way of dressing. Time to mix things up. Jill

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love these wild combinations!

Jillian Manesh said...

i never really thought about combining the two patterns together but now that i see it, I love it! xo jillian

Jillian Manesh said...

i never really thought about combining the two patterns together but now that i see it, I love it! xo jillian

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love mixing patterns!

Art Farm said...

Favorite + Favorite = amazing combination! I am all about this during the fall. :) xo, Katie

Steph said...

Love it. Some new inspiration. The second outfit is really cute and I have the same Zara scarf that's halfway down :)

LyddieGal said...

I am definitely a stripes and plaid girl - so many fun possibilities!
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

Diana Mieczan said...

yay Jill!!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sally :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Katie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk