Six quirky takes on Jack-o'-lanterns.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Each Halloween our friend Paul carves a few spooky jack-o'-lanterns out of honeydew melons. Without a fail you can always spot his creations when you walk by and it weirdly works so well amongst all the pumpkin! So this year I'm planning to join in and besides our pumpkin jack-o'-lanterns, Balazs and I will be mixing things up with a scary pineapple or a butternut squash.

If you also fancy jazzing things up this Halloween, here are 5 awesome takes on jack-o'-lanterns that might just get you excited to try something new.

Starting with above, made of a pineapple. (Hands down, my favourite).

Butternut squash.

Orange.


Watermelon.

or if you want to stick to pumpkins, you can always mix things up by adding succulent hair.

or embroidery.

Which one do you like or would fancy trying? xo

P.S: 10 takes on candy corn sugar high.
P.P.S: I've been craving this for the past week or so.

(Photos by/via Martha Stewart, A Subtle Revelry, The House That Lars Built, Rebeccas DIY and Zigwicks)

8 comments:

Jillian said...

the pineapple is my favorite!! so cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Oh this is soooooooo fun! I want to try the butternut squash one. Toby and I always try to carve pumpkins every year. My favorite is the pumpkin with the succulent hair. Perfect emo/indie hair-do. :) xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Adorable, isn't it Jillian?

Diana Mieczan said...

So true, Katie. The pumpkin with the succulent hair is totally awesome.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Love the pineapple, a bit of a scary guy, but I like his funky hair!

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, giggle:)

Steph said...

Oh I love the squash and the succulent hair. And of course the pineapple :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk