24 Years, 215 Countries, 1 Car.

Thursday, October 30, 2014


Blimey, meet 77-year-old Gunther Holtorf and his wife Christine who just returned from a 24 years long road trip! Yup, they spent all those years covering 556,000 miles and visiting 215 countries - all in their trusted car that was adapted to fit in a mattress, storage for their gear, a set of clothes and some basic kitchen utensils. They went everywhere from Africa, South and North America, Asia, Australia, the whole of Europe, even to the base camp of the Mount Everest which is 5,200 meters above the sea. Ah, what an adventure!

Can you imagine the amazing memories they brought back? Have you ever taken a road trip? Would you?

P.S: Let's travel!
P.P.S: Plus, tons more travel lust.

(via Sho & Tell via Daily Mail. Photos by SWNS)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dream is to travel all the time. This inspired me.

Jillian said...

wow thats amazing!

little luxury list said...

Wow, that is just amazing! I bet there are so amazing adventures in that car!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I am dreaming about that too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

For sure, little luxury list:)

Art Farm said...

Wow! That is incredible! I love the photo of the woman from Myanmar posing in his car! Fantastic image!! And a sign of a very well made automobile. It's been awhile since I've gone on a road trip, but next May Toby and I decided to do our Californian road trip! Can't wait! xo, Katie

Steph said...

Incredible! Beautiful photos too. I just got back from the travel blogger conference in Athens where I was surrounded by 800 people who love to travel and write about it and my of them have been on the road for years just making a living off of travel. It's amazing the stories...

magda said...

Wow, that is impressive!

Diana Mieczan said...

How fantastic, Katie!!! You'll have so much fun:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I bet, Steph:) How awesome!

Diana Mieczan said...

Magda :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk