1000+ Coffees.

Monday, October 13, 2014


Honestly, how many of our Facebook friends do we actually keep a closer contact with or even personally know? I think we are all guilty of it, aren't we?

Well, on September 3rd this year, Matt Kulesza started a little project where he plans to have one-on-one coffee with every single one of his 1000+ Facebook "friends". It’s Matt’s genius way to start socializing with those people outside the 'book' and get to know them. What I love most about this is that he keeps a detailed journal of each friend he meets including details about how they know each other, what they are up to nowadays and how their meeting went. As of today, he has already met 31 friends. So neat and sweet!

Would you ever consider doing something like that? I think it could be fun (and probably a bit awkward at times). Thoughts?

P.S: 365 days of coffee.
P.P.S: Coffee shop chatter

(via Design Taxi)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This rings a bell since I haven't seen a big portion of my fb friends since collage. It would be neat to reunite.

Steph said...

Oh this is a wonderful project! I love it :)

little luxury list said...

What a great idea! I'm guilty of not keeping in great touch with my FB friends too but coffee would be hard since I don't live in the same country as most of them!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Jillian said...

i'd want to clean up some of my facebook friends!!! im sure there are some random ppl from college that im not sure i'd want to meet up with in person ;) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

I'm in the same boat as Jillian, I know I have a bunch of college and high school Facebook friends that we've just "friended" one another because we went to the same school, but really don't know each other so well. But I so admire Matt and this project! Fantastic idea! xo, katie

Alina said...

I love this idea, including the part about documenting each coffee "date." I actually have a personal policy of not "friending" (too) many more people on Facebook beyond those who are my friends in real life (and with whom I would like to stay in touch), but even for me, this sounds like something good to try out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk