The Pixel Trade

Wednesday, September 24, 2014









I’m totally gobsmacked by this one and I think you will be too. Shantanu Starick is a brilliant photographer who has been traveling the world for the past two years as part of his latest and on-going project called the Pixel Trade. The way he can move from one local to another is by offering a simple trade: in exchange for food, a place to sleep, and a ride to his next destination, Shantanu takes photos of his hosts and their creative projects. His aim is to inspire others to start thinking about the world and the people around them in terms of their attributes, not their wallets.

Ah, people like Shantanu make me so happy! Thoughts? xo

P.S: I've been glued to his instagram feed lately as well.
P.P.S: Little red (traveling) skirt.

(via Sho & Tell)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to travel more. This inspired me. Jill

Jessica said...

What a great concept and his photos are stunning!

http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jessica, I agree. I love his photos...They are dreamy.

Minha vida de campo said...

Interessante modo de viver. Linda fotografias ele faz.
Bjos tenha um ótimo dia.

Monica | Hola!design said...

Amazing! Another proof that you don't need money to make your dreams come true. This has inspired me so much!

Diana Mieczan said...

Minha vida de campo, totally agree.

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally right, Monica! Yay!

little luxury list said...

What a wonderful trade and way to explore the world! I'd invite him to our home to take some lovely pictures!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Wow, these images are absolutely stunning, thanks for sharing! I immediately started following his Instagram. Photo's like this make me very happy :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

I would totally do that too, little luxury list :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, so happy to hear that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk