Stanley Kubrick's Vintage Take on NYC

Thursday, September 4, 2014









Ha! Who knew that the Oscar winning filmmaker Stanley Kubrick was also an exceptional photographer? In the 50s, way before he directed such cinematic masterpieces as The Shining or Eyes Wide Shut, he worked as a photographer for Look Magazine. He actually became their youngest staff photographer in the history at age 17.

Le sigh, I don't know about you, but for me there is something about vintage New York that makes me want to dance. Plus, just looking at those images, I can't help but wonder what happened next...storytelling at its best! xo

P.S: Plus, more vintage NYC and New York in general :)
P.P.S: Ah, skateboarding in the 60s.

(via Top Inspired)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And Lolita if I remember it correctly. Beautiful. Jill

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk