Six Splendid September Soups

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Are you a soup-kind-of-person? I think no one can underestimate the power of a good soup on a chilly autumn evening. It's like an instant elixir that refuels your body and brings it back to life. For me personally, the heartier, the creamier the better. Plus, that crucial moment when it steams up your glasses is the mark of a great meal ahead.

So, since the magical soup season just started, here are the six splendid soups we should definitely enjoy this September. The best part: they always taste better the next day:)

Starting with cod and corn chowder above. (Our dinner last night)...

Brie + cheddar apple beer soup with cinnamon pecan oat crumble...

Lobster Bisque...

Sunchoke soup with cracked black pepper...

Caprese tomato spinach soup...

Kale, chickpea and chicken soup with rosemary croutons...

Which one tickles your fancy? What's your go-to autumn soup? Can I have the recipe, please? I'd love to try it. xo

P.S: Oh, and this one too!
P.P.S: Plus, let's not forget the classic tomato soup - yum!

(Photos by Brooklyn Supper, Half Baked Harvest, Nicole Franzen, Happyolks, Yes, more please and Feasting At Home)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lobster bisque is my fave soup ever. Jill

Steph said...

Oh man, you are going to be my dinner hero for the next few months. I'm always looking for good inspiration and all of these (except the last one because I hate chickpeas...) sound absolutely divine :) Thank you!

Joy Bela said...

UMMM… that second soup?! Looks insanely good!!!

Art Farm said...

I am a huge soup lover! In the colder months, we make one batch of soup a week. The Brie, cheddar and apple one sounds amazing! xo, Katie

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

You had me at brie-apple-cheddar!

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

This comes at the perfect time, Diana.

I like to cook up a pot of soup on Sundays so it can simmer all day long and will last me through the workweeks evenings!

I never hat lobster bisque but it sounds amazing, like something I´d like to order at a new restaurant :) From the six above I would most likely try the Caprese Tomato Spinach soup as it combines my favorite things and also seems to be quite simple to put together...

Usually I am not into creamy soups, so my Sunday staple for transition weather is definitely good old chicken veggie soup which simmers at least 5hrs in my kitchen. I like to add Chinese herbs (according to TCM rules) that will prevent colds and prepare the body for the winter months.

thanks for sharing!

xoxo

Pixelhazard said...

Just great! Now my mouth is watering...


Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

These all look delicious, I love making (and eating soups!). My favourite is pumpkin soup, I sometimes add an apple to make it a bit sweeter.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, it's one of my favourites too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, giggle! Love your comment.

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Joy? Perfect for autumn!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, same here...We eat soup weekly..

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, I love the idea of adding Chinese herbs and I agree, the longer we cook our soup the better :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pixelhazard :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pumpkin and apple - totally autumn perfect, Marieken:)

Liz Halle said...

That last one looks so good!

xo

Diana Mieczan said...

Liz :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk