Nifty little trick to get rid of bad odours

Tuesday, September 16, 2014


How do you deal with bad odours in your home?

I have a really hard time when it comes to smells and since our flat is very loft-y, with pretty much one huge open space all around, I make it my job to get rid of all cooking smells or pet smells as soon as I can. So recently I tired Jana’s citrus shells idea and it quickly became my go-to odour-buster. It’s the simplest and most natural way to get rid of bad smells in your kitchen or hallway with the awesome advantage that you probably have everything for it at home already.

Here is what you do: First get a few citrus fruits like limes, oranges, grapefruits or lemons. Half them, remove the inner fruit and then fill the empty shell with sea salt and herbs of your choice. I used basil and mint but cloves or rosemary would work great as well. That is it! Sea salt has this amazing ability to pull in bad smells while citrus fruits have the freshest and zestiest scent that will help to refresh your home in no time.

Would you try it? xo

P.S: This perfect fall potpourri and an awesome tip on autumn transition...
P.P.S: All natural citrus home cleaner.

(Photos by Jana - Free People)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your all natural home solutions. Making those, thx. Jill

Jillian said...

great idea!! xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a $150 Tieks gift card giveaway on cornflake dreams

little luxury list said...

Thanks for the trick! I definitely have these and it's such a great idea!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Camila Faria said...

Amazing! How long do they last? Do I have to change the salt + herbs combination often?

LyddieGal said...

Sounds good to me! I love the idea of a natural air freshener.

http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

Art Farm said...

Oh! This is a great idea!!! We got a new garbage can not too long ago and I don't know what it is, but it seems smellier somehow. Maybe this will help eliminate some of the odors! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so happy about that Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila, I change the salt + herbs combination every 5-8 days. Hope that helps:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It should work great on your garbage can:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk