Newspaper Wrapped Flowers

Tuesday, September 9, 2014





For my birthday last month Balazs surprised me with a bunch of sunflowers wrapped in a French newspaper he hunted down a few weeks before. That made me realize how thoughtful a simple newspaper wrapping can be and how much it can mean. So, last week while going over to a friend's house for dinner, we got a bunch of mixed blooms and wrapped it in a vintage The New York Times' sports section, since it's Gabe's favourite read. I love when something so simple can become so meaningful. Would you do it? xo

P.S: The meaning of cacti.
P.P.S: Yowza, you can even go crazy and get the original New York Times from 1850's!

(Photos by/via Paper & Stitch, Wit & Delight, Jacqueline Jaszka, Umla, Una Bella Vita)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Balasz is a keeper Diana. Love this idea. Jill

Art Farm said...

What a sweet birthday gift! I never thought about using newspaper to wrap flowers, but that just adds a really lovely touch. xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

this is such a sweet idea! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

How thoughtful! Love all these bouquets. I treated myself to flowers last weekend, which I almost never do, and I felt like a bird with a french fry walking home with them :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Jill...He surely is:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I loved it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

That is awesome, Marieken! Flowers always make my day!

LyddieGal said...

Yes, I love them! Nothing quite like fresh blooms.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally agree, Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk