If you only buy one thing this week...

Tuesday, September 23, 2014







...it should be a single Dahlia (or a whole bunch if you feel daring). Since we are in the middle of Dahlia season, I've been spotting them on ever single corner around here. So, my plan is to get one humongous stem that is just about to fully open and keep it on my bedside table for as long as I can.

Psst, here is a great tip to make sure your Dahlia will last for a long time: Since Dahlias don't really like water, give them only a few inches at a time. Plus, it's essential to make sure the water you give them is the hottest you can get out of your tap. It makes all the difference.

Have I convinced you? What's your favourite Dahlia colour? xo

P.S: Swoonworthy flower market.
P.P.S: Paper bag bouquets.

(Tip via Sacramento Street. Photos by/via Georgianna Lane Floret Flowers, Apartment Therapy, Michelle Smith, The Seasonal Bouquet Project and Sarah DiLullo-Vincent)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in. I will hurry up after work to get some. Love your blog so much.

Merry Meri said...

I never knew that dahlia's were so finicky about their water! Thanks for the tips!! xox

Jillian Manesh said...

beautiful flowers! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

You've absolutely convinced me, my dear! Dahlias are some of my favorite. I need to swing by the florist and pick up some beautiful blooms. I do love those massive ones with the pale petals. xo, Katie

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Such beautiful flowers.

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I love dahlia season. It comes right after peony season which is my favorite and luckily my birthday is right in the middle of peony season...

But I digress. Dahlia´s. I love the vibrancy and different earthy colors. Amazing. One of my other favorites would be a Gardenia - do you like those too?!

Pixelhazard said...

How pretty. I've been enjoying the lilies and orchids from our garden. Its finally spring here

Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thank you, Anonymous:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Meri!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie, Gardenias are stunning as well. They smell amazing, don't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..happy spring, Pixelhazard!

LyddieGal said...

Nothing quite like bright blooms to make a room feel fresh and cheery.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

So very true, Lyddie:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk