How The Sun Sees You.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014


Have you worn sunscreen daily this summer? If you haven't, this video above will blow your mind!

Thomas Leveritt is the guy who gives people a glimpse to what kind of damage the sun actually does to their skin. With his project, he asked a random bunch of New Yorkers to look into his ultraviolet camera where they could spot all the freckles and splotches the sun has caused to their skin over the years - the reactions and differences are mind-blowing! If that's not enough, he also compered the skin condition of babies and small kids that weren't yet exposed to sun that much. But probably the most shocking (and amazing) to me was how sunscreen really looks under UV light. Check it out for yourself! You will never look at your skin the same way again. Thoughts? xo

P.S: This reminded me of this project.
P.P.S: Looking at art.

(via Visual News. Photo via Kevc)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want to see how my skin looks like. Jill

Mandy Doornenbal said...

This is such an amazing video!

Diana Mieczan said...

I so want to see mine too, Jill.

Diana Mieczan said...

I agree, Mandy:) It blew my mind.

Jillian said...

wow this is crazy! i'd love to see what my face looks like...great reminder to put on sunscreen EVERY DAY! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Wow! What a remarkable video!! I want to see how my skin looks too. I'm pretty vigilant about wearing SPF, but I wasn't always so I'm sure I have damage. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Totally, Jillian:) Best reminded ever!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, same here...I am so curious :)

oliviajamie said...

You're right! I won't look at it the same way again!! And I try to be diligent about using sunscreen all summer, all day. Good food for thought! Thank you!

oliviajamie said...

You're right! I won't look at it the same way again!! And I try to be diligent about using sunscreen all summer, all day. Good food for thought! Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk