Elephant Nannies

Monday, September 22, 2014

Last night while catching up on my reading, I stumbled upon the sweetest little story. Meet Abigail, Lisa, Paige and Melissa – four young girls who flew from Britain to South Africa to be elephant nannies. All the girls stay in the elephant park full of rescued orphaned elephants and besides feeding the little rascals every 2 hours, making sure they are warm and healthy, they also play with them, bond and develop a friendship that is beyond special, before letting them re-join a herd on their own. How sweet is that? Hope this brought a smile to your face this early Monday morning. xo

P.S: Remember those two?
P.P.S: And this spot.

(via Daily Mail)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love elephants. Jill

Mandy Doornenbal said...

This is so cute!! I want a job as an elephant nannie :D

Mary Jo Matsumoto said...

How sweet and lovely! I would've loved doing this when I was that age...still would! Hope you had a great summer Diana, I am finally back blogging again.

xoxo Mary Jo

Jillian said...

awww i love elephants! this is so sweet. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Tiffany Kadani said...

This is an actual thing? Oh my gosh! What a remarkable life.

Art Farm said...

Wow! This is so sweet. I would love to be an elephant nanny!! :) xo, Katie

Jill said...

Oh my gosh! How cool is that?!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Super cute, BIG smile!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Mandy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mary Jo, missed you:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yes it is, Tiffany! Amazing, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie:) It would be so much fun, wouldn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Marieken!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk