Autumn Home: Hanging Plants

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Do you have hanging plants in your flat? As we spend significantly more time at home during the colder seasons, I've been thinking ahead of ways to make the transition easier and less painful. And I think I found the perfect solution: hanging plants. It seems they can transform even the gloomiest day and the tiniest room into a beautiful oasis and they are actually very easy to care for. According to The Sill team, there are 5 potted plants that are perfect for hanging and easy to care for as long as you water them well:

- Spider Plant
- English Ivy
- Bird's Nest Fern
- Philodendron
- and Golden Pothos

So, what's your stand on hanging houseplants? Is it something you'd consider? xo

P.S: Also, jarred plants and the 'it' winter blues remedy.
P.P.S: Plus, radiator shelf plants.

(Photos by/via That Kind of Woman, Apartment Therapy, Julia, Design Sponge, Emily Henderson)


Art Farm said...

I don't have any plants indoors. I have to be careful with my cat. She loves to eat them and so many of them are toxic to animals. But I should look into hanging them. I love Golden Pothos and philodendron. Spider plants are super easy to grow! Happy Wednesday, my dear! xo, Katie

Anonymous said...

We have one big golden pothos hanging next to our kitchen window. It's my fave spot in our apartment and since we have so little space it makes it even more special. Go for it. Jill

Chrissy said...

These are all amazing. Just the other day I told my mom I was planning on adding some hanging plants to our family room. What a great inspiration, Diana! It's weird, once fall's here I need more green inside! xxx

Jill said...

I don't have any hanging plants, but I do have one of those little glass bulbs with an air plant that I want to hang up in the window like in the pic you posted above. My ceilings/walls are a huge pain to drill into so it'll have to wait till next time I rent a hammer drill to put a few things up.
Hanging plants definitely add so much to a room. Growing up we had ivy wrapping around the whole kitchen!

Jillian Manesh said...

we have a few houseplants (not as much in our old place) but no hanging plants! these would be fun to have around! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Couture Carrie said...

These are lovely!
I need more indoor plants...


Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I managed to get my succulent killed last week, so I need some new green at home! I especially like the plant in the white diamond shaped pot and the wooden crates are a fabulous idea too!

Pinar said...

I really really want to do this, but I guess our walls are not that thick and strong to handle it :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk