365 Parisians

Monday, September 22, 2014








Le sigh! Since last December, a Russian-born art director, Constantin Mashinskiy has taken to the streets of Paris to document the iconic city's inhabitants - one striking portrait at a time. The goal is to capture a stranger in Paris every day for an entire year.

As for me, I spent a big part of my morning going through those beautifully real black-and-white style images and the little captions Constantin included under every portrait. I love how each showcases the person caught in a moment, and I can’t help but wonder: who are those people, where are they going, what is on their mind at that exact moment? Are they sad, happy, excited or just surprised? Thoughts? xo

P.S: And 9 ways to get lost in this amazing city.
P.P.S: Would you visit Paris during winter?

(via My Modern Met)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is plenty of magic here. Jill

Steph said...

Projects like this are incredible. 100 Strangers, HUNY, etc. Keep them coming :)

Art Farm said...

I love photo projects like this. I do love fashion street style, but photos like this are so much more interesting to me and get me imaging about people's lives, what they're doing, where they're going and what they're thinking! Wonderful find, my dear! xo, katie

Jillian Manesh said...

beautiful photos!! i love parisian style! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

sini said...

Beautiful photos. I'm in love with b&w photos like this.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Love these!

Diana Mieczan said...

You're so sweet, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally agree, Katie!

Diana Mieczan said...

Me too, Sini!

Diana Mieczan said...

Sally :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Steph!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk