Urban Jungle Take on Nails

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Recently my friend Abby and I were chatting about how (at times) white nail polish can look a bit awkward. Somehow I always felt a bit uneasy about it. So after a few tries (for her wedding), Abby found the perfect off white shade that is not too bold yet makes a great statement with a dash of alabaster orchid (very light pink) undertone.

Yesterday she came by wearing it with a simple blouse and jeans and it looked gorgeous. So I am planning to pick up a bottle of essie’s urban jungle first thing this morning. Have you tried it already? What’s your favourite neutral colour manicure? xo

P.S: Great tip on avoiding chipping nails.
P.P.S: Plus, tons more beauty reads.

(Photos by Flower Girl NYC and Rocio)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually I never wore a white nail polish for the same reason as you but this one doesn't look too bold. It's somehow softer and more wearable. I'd try it.

Carmen said...

I tried one called something like "ballet slipper" or the like, also by ESSIE. It results in a pinky white and it really makes you hands look more sun tanned.

Carmen

dlugadrogadodomu said...

Sand Tropez by Essie - I just love it this Summer!

Jillian said...

so fresh and pretty! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Oh that's so pretty! It looks way more forgiving than straight up white. I'm still on the hunt for a neutral polish that I like. I bought Essie Mademoiselle and maybe it is my bottle, but it was rather gloopy. The hunt continues! Happy Wednesday, darling! xo, Katie

Steph said...

Oh I like this one! *runs to post about avoiding chipped nails*

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, you should totally get it. It's really wonderfully understated :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Carmen :)

Diana Mieczan said...

I'm SO checking it out, dlugadrogadodomu! Thanks:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Steph:) You are awesome...

biele_i_pastele said...

I'm wearing RIMMEL by Rita Ora - it is shimmering off-white in the bottle, but it translates to bright white on the nail. Last year I was using limited edition nailpolish - ESSENCE Me&My ice cream - Always in my mint.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk