One Change

Monday, August 4, 2014

I bet that most of you know Sarah Britton pretty well from her amazing food blog, am I right? But besides that, she is also a genius holistic nutritionist and a super sweet person all around.

So when this morning, I stumbled upon her TED's talk, I got totally gobsmacked. At one point Sarah asked how is it possible that we know how our computers and phones work, but most of us are pretty clueless about how our own bodies work. Somehow, we still have a hard time choosing what's good and what's bad for us and what's totally unnecessary. She also pointed out that if we make only one tiny and healthy change a day, then by the end of the year we will have a whopping 365 changes to be proud of. That's something I can totally be on board for, you? 

So if you're torn between having a slice of pizza for lunch or a fresh tomato salad, the video above will surely convince you to go for the latter. Food for thought!

How would you define your diet? Healthy, ever changing, balanced or all over the place? xo

P.S: Foodie confessions.
P.P.S: Vegan before 6pm?

(Photo by My New Roots. Video via Lesley Graham)


Anonymous said...

I'll watch the video when I get back home. My diet is tricky, mostly healthy in summer but terrible during the winter. I need help.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I'm with you. It's so hard to be healthy during the colder seasons because we usually crave the comfort type of food, don't we?

That's Not My Age said...

Oh I need to try to be a bit healthier - we're having a wonderful summer in London,I just want to drink cold beer all the time! That's an interesting thought about understanding phones/computers and not our bodies.

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I am a big fan of Sarah & will watch her Ted talk next....I try to eat a healthy diet...I am pretty much a vegetarian .... But sometimes my good intentions are over whelmed by unhealthy desire

Diana Mieczan said...

That's Not My Age, cold beer is perfect for a hot summer day. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

I totally know what you mean, Sally:)

Rachel (Wit and Wanderings) said...

This video is so inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk