Hats on Parade: Thumbs up or down?

Thursday, August 7, 2014








My mom used so say that hats have a life of their own and they deserve to be on display. So when I started spotting this new trend of displaying hats proudly in hallways and bedrooms, I instantly thought of her. I guess she was right all along. I just love how they add an unexpected summery element to the room. Plus to me, they look like little pieces of art, just casually hanging around waiting to be picked up!

Do you hang your hats proudly or do you keep them stashed away in the closet? xo

P.S: How to buy the perfect summer hat.
P.P.S: Fiddle leaf fig tree = cozy home!

(Photos by/via Kara Rosenlund, Chatelaine, Hither and Thither, Veronica's Hus, Apartment Therapy, My Scandinavian Home, We Recommend, The Design Files, La Maison Boheme, Design Sponge)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I finally have the perfect excuse to buy more hats. Jill

Art Farm said...

I don't have them out all year round, but I do keep my straw hats out on display in the summer. One thing I did learn that it is apparently bad luck to put your hat on a bed. Interesting superstition! xo, Katie

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

I love to see hats ....& have several hung up in my home here in France ....so visitors can borrow one if need be...

Jill said...

I think it looks pretty nice in these styled photos but would probably just add clutter IRL. I prefer to keep mine tucked away.

Stephanie said...

I want to do this! Right now all our hats are just sort of stacked on the dressers. It makes things look cluttered, and it really doesn't do them justice. So a hat rack on the bedroom wall is on my "de-clutter and organize" to-do list. ;-)

Jana || One Drawing A Day said...

I have my hats on display! Love it and the memories they invoke :)

LyddieGal said...

Thumbs up of course!! I would love to display my hat collection like this!
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Jill. Yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

How interesting, Katie! Thanks for that...I will remember it.

Diana Mieczan said...

How wonderful, Sally.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sounds fantastic, Stephanie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...love your comment, Jana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk