Summer Home: Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

Monday, July 7, 2014








This morning I finally ordered my very first fiddle leaf fig tree (eek). Do you own one? Ah, it seems that this whimsical tree is a huge trend nowadays. My love affair with it started last year when I spotted it in my friend, Sofia's flat. I held off till now to get it since I wasn't sure if I can handle caring for a tree that size, but to my surprise, those beautiful plants need very little care, actually.

Supposedly, as long as you keep it moist, but not soaked and in a good amount of filtered sun light, it will grow and thrive and make your life better. Is that your experience as well?

If you order it from this place, it comes with a pretty pot of your choice:) Nifty! What's your favourite house plant? xo

P.S: Sunshine in a pot.
P.P.S: And this green wall in Paris makes me swoon!

(Sill via SwissMiss. Photos via/by At Home In Love, Danielle Oakey Interiors, Moon to Moon, The Interior Collective, Babble, Huslig Heter and Michelle Slatalla)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a little fig plant in our kitchen and it brings us such joy. Jill

Chloe Moon said...

How pretty! I would love one but I'd be too worried my kitties would eat the leaves! =)

The Sill said...

Thank you for sharing our FLF plants! x, The Sill team

holtkamp said...

Love this plant!

Roselie said...

Oh how I wish I had a green thumb! I adore indoors and outdoors plant. My favorite house plant is the Alexandrino (http://www.drimalasflowers.gr/shop/poinsettia-aleksandrino-el.html )
the Christmas flower.

Sara said...

Good luck! I've had mine for a year and it is slowly but surely dying. Filtered light- check, watered but not soaked- check. Brown spots creep on the edges of the leaves and one by one they have fallen off, leaving only a few remaining. I'll put it out of its misery soon, I wish I knew how to cure it!

Jillian said...

ooo i love those trees!! so pretty. xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a Capri Blue Candle Giveaway! cornflake dreams 

Carried Away said...

I don't have a fig but i have other plants and they are so nice. I love them and they do bring joy.

Beatriz Ramirez said...

I love these.
I definitely want to get one when i live in a place with real windows and not the dark skyless kind a basement in nyc offers.
My tiny avocado tree doesn't seem to mind it down here though.

-bea

Steph said...

Love these! Maybe when we move to a bigger place. We do, however, have a pretty awesome huge palm tree in the kitchen :)

Steph said...

Love these! Maybe when we move to a bigger place. We do, however, have a pretty awesome huge palm tree in the kitchen :)

Art Farm said...

I love fiddle leaf fig trees! My neighbor has one and it is so beautiful. Thanks for the link on where I can get one!! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chloe :) Btw: huge congrats on your engagement!

Diana Mieczan said...

The Sill, my pleasure!

Diana Mieczan said...

Roselie, I love the Christmas flower too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sara, supposedly that is a sign of stress. I am so sorry about that. Here is a great article on how to save a dying fiddle leaf tee: http://www.gardenista.com/posts/7-secrets-how-to-save-a-dying-fiddle-leaf-fig-tree

Hope that helps! keep me updated:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Carried Away:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Bea, how cool that you have an avocado tree. I have one too....Its growing so fast!

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I love palm trees:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Katie! xo

Laura Bear said...

OH great to know that you can order one!! I found one at home depot one day and didn't buy it because the car was too full. I went back and it was gone... haven't seen one there since. I'll have to order one! thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Laura, oh no! They are so popular, aren't they? You should totally get one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk