Quick Pickled Spring Onions

Thursday, July 31, 2014


Have you ever had pickled spring onions? Confession: I love all things pickled from the obvious pickles, cauliflower, peppers, beets, tomatoes to even grapes and of course onions. Weirdly, I always had this idea that pickling veggies can get very messy and time taking, but Nikole convinced me otherwise. So a few weeks ago I used her super quick recipe and by the next morning I had a few jars of pickled spring onions ready to be eaten with sandwiches and salads. So good! xo

P.S: I'm craving this right now. You?
P.P.S: Mmm, roasted avocado wedges :)

(Photos by Nikole Herriott)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how simple this recipe is. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Right, Jill? It's super easy:)

Another Jill said...

Gonna try! I've only ever pickled pickles :)

Couture Carrie said...

So yummy!

xoxox,
CC

OnePerfectDay said...

These look and sound wonderful!
I'll have to give it a try one of these days.

Art Farm said...

Mmmm! I love all things pickled. Toby and I have been obsessed with making quick pickled red onions this summer. We seem to put it on everything from salads to Mexican. We'll have to try pickling some spring onions next. This weekend we're going to have a pickling party and make pickled jalapenos. We have 4 plants in the garden and they are making more jalapenos than we know what to do with! xo, Katie

Gwen said...

I love these! I'll have to try making a batch I love pickled anything but haven't tried onions.

Diana Mieczan said...

Another Jill, great! Let me know how you like them.

Diana Mieczan said...

Wonderful, OnePerfectDay :)

Diana Mieczan said...

How awesome, Katie! I love the idea of having a pickling party. Have the best time, sweetie. Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Gwen :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk