Quick, before the summer is over....

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

...make a mental note on a few little things you really want to do or experience, so you won't miss out! That is exactly what my friends and I did over the weekend. We spent the evening making metal notes on those tiny gems that matter to us and make our summer feel special. So, today I wanted to share a few of my summer wishes and I hope I can hear yours too.

Starting with swinging! Our friend has a house with an old tree swing that I can't get enough of...
Eating fresh fruits and feeling the juice dripping down my chin and between my fingers...

Dipping toes in the lake water somewhere in the middle of the forest....

Going blueberry picking and then making blueberry everything for a week straight:)...

Boat rides with water splashing, fish spotting and swoonworthy views...

The feeling of the-end-of-the-day breeze that is finally cooling me down and making my hair beautifully French...

Waiting patiently for our urban veggies to get big enough to use them for a summer salad...

And spending countless Friday nights outdoors, listening to live jazz or blues with a glass of wine in hand...

Also, my friend Linda added eating orange juice popsicles for breakfast, besides getting up early to catch the sunrise from the roof and having watermelon with feta cheese for dinner ever night. No bad, isn't it?

Your turn...xo

P.S: Dolce far niente and how to capture time.
P.P.S: Plus, this awesome summer wine trick!

(Photos by/via Like Neely Ohara, Bathwater, Dear Abigail, Gillian Stevens, Burlap and Hay, WSJ and Fawn Deviney)

12 comments:

Camila Faria said...

Oh my. I think you just described my perfect summer! <3

Steph said...

I agree with Camila - perfect summer! I'd also love a lazy forest bike ride, lying on a rooftop under the stars, a campfire to make s'mores and a picnic where I can be surrounded by friends, eat yummy treats and feel the grass between my toes. :)

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Love the fresh fruit! We'll be having lots of live music over here next week, looking forward to it!

Art Farm said...

This is such a good reminder, Diana! My list includes eating lots of fresh tomatoes, cocktails with friends on our deck and a bike ride along the lake front. xo, Katie

Jillian said...

yep!! i love a good swing ride! xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Camila:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, that sounds perfect!

Diana Mieczan said...

How fun, Marieken :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, yes to fresh tomatoes, cocktails and bike ride:) LOVE!

Diana Mieczan said...

me too, Jillian!

Mandy Doornenbal said...

No summer, don´t end!! It´s sounds like the best summer you can have. I love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Mandy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk