Magic Tea

Monday, July 7, 2014
Morning, lovelies! Hope everyone had a jolly good weekend!

How about a little Monday morning tip? Next time one of your dear girlfriends comes by for a little heart to heart, instead of offering a glass of wine, make a pot of lemon verbena tea on ice. I did just that the other day, and on her way out Lola said she felt so relaxed - like she unloaded a whole bag of anxiousness in a short one-hour sit-down in my kitchen. That tea is magic!

Supposedly, lemon verbena is a wonderful herb that strengthens the nervous system, combats stress, alleviates depression and even keeps the mosquitoes away! Simply steep 10 leaves in boiled water for 10-15 minutes, cover then strain it and drink it hot or cold. (The little things in life).

Would you try it? What's your favourite herbal tea? xo

P.S: Made this one over the weekend.
P.P.S: Plus, this detoxifying mint tea.

(Photo and recipe by Sarah Britton)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Need to hunt this herb down this week. Sounds exactly what I'd need. Jill

Tiffany Kadani said...

And it sounds delicious. I love a nice pot of herbal tea. Nothing like it. You're a good friend to listen to your friend.

Mandy Doornenbal said...

As a tea fan I have to try this, it's sounds great! And it is an extra plus that is keeps the mosquitoes away!

Katie Anello said...

I am such a tea drinker. When I buy tea in the store I really love a nice ginger tea. However, to relax at night at home I make my own blend of Lemon Cranberry Lavender Rooibos. It's delicious! Here's the recipe:

http://www.bluepoppyblog.com/blog/2014/1/6/lemon-cranberry-lavender-rooibos-tea

xo

Art Farm said...

What a great tip! I love lemon verbena. I grew some a few years ago and it makes the best tea. I need to pick up another plant. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, you can buy it as a plant or as dried leaves.

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Tiffany:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, Mandy:) It's great for mosquitoes.

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, I can't wait to try your blend. Oh boy, it sounds so good and I adore your tea cup! Thank you for the link:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, me too!

Liz Halle said...

Definitely need to try this, as many things on your blog :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Liz :) xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk