After sorting out my uncontrollable cravings with healthy options, I finally realized how powerful food really is and how what we eat will influence our mood or our energy reserves for the whole day. So here are 5 awesome snacking plans for 5 different parts of your day to keep you going while feeling great!
- For a breakfast to be beneficial, you want a good mix of high fibre and protein, plus a little bit of sugar for energy. This will keep your blood sugar levels steady and release energy throughout the day.
- When we're starting to come down with something icky, it's best to load up on antioxidant-rich foods like those above.
- Pre-workout you should always choose a slow-carb mix - something that will fuel you throughout your activity.
- Post-workout you want to choose a snack mix that will replace your energy and replenish your muscles like banana chips or almonds.
- And when 3 pm rolls around, we’re usually in post-lunch lull and starting to lose interest in what we’re working on. A mix of super food will give you a burst of energy and help you avoid any post-snack crashes.
Thoughts? Would you try any of those options above? For the past few days, I've been snacking on nuts and blueberries and they really did the trick! xo
P.S: You are what you eat.
P.P.S: Vegan before 6pm?
(via Total Beauty)