How to fuel your day

Tuesday, July 8, 2014





After sorting out my uncontrollable cravings with healthy options, I finally realized how powerful food really is and how what we eat will influence our mood or our energy reserves for the whole day. So here are 5 awesome snacking plans for 5 different parts of your day to keep you going while feeling great!

- For a breakfast to be beneficial, you want a good mix of high fibre and protein, plus a little bit of sugar for energy. This will keep your blood sugar levels steady and release energy throughout the day.
- When we're starting to come down with something icky, it's best to load up on antioxidant-rich foods like those above.
- Pre-workout you should always choose a slow-carb mix - something that will fuel you throughout your activity.
- Post-workout you want to choose a snack mix that will replace your energy and replenish your muscles like banana chips or almonds.
- And when 3 pm rolls around, we’re usually in post-lunch lull and starting to lose interest in what we’re working on. A mix of super food will give you a burst of energy and help you avoid any post-snack crashes.

Thoughts? Would you try any of those options above? For the past few days, I've been snacking on nuts and blueberries and they really did the trick! xo

P.S: You are what you eat.
P.P.S: Vegan before 6pm?

(via Total Beauty)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fave is the last selection for the afternoons low-points. I get them daily and usually I blame them on too much coffee. Everything looks delish. Jill

Vintage Market Place said...

Totally agree. Since having to change my diet from junk to healthy snacks and whole foods I have a tremendous amount of energy throughout the day. I feel great and full of life. I am off caffeine and chocolate for the first time ever in my life and it feels amazing.
Amy

Camila Faria said...

The "When you feel a cold coming on" snack is pretty amazing! It has all my favorites: blueberries, brazil nuts... I have to try it!

Jillian said...

fun i want to try these! xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

Kaitlyn Jacques said...

Awesome! Love these ideas! :-)

Eliza Jane said...

This is fantastic! I always crash at about 3pm.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jil, I also blame by low-afternoon-point on too much coffee - giggle!

Diana Mieczan said...

How amazing, Amy. I am so happy for you and well done for cutting out caffeine and chocolate:) Wow!

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila, so delicious, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Diana Mieczan said...

So happy about that, Kaitlyn :)

Carried Away said...

I am a big fan of healthy snacking especially now that I am pregnant. As a post workout snack, cottage cheese seems to do wonders for the muscles.

Diana Mieczan said...

Carried Away, how awesome! I love cottage cheese:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk