Four-legged wedding guests: Thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014







Would you include your pet in your wedding day? Have you?

A few years ago our friends got married in a low-key outdoor ceremony in Chicago and their beloved Labrador was a big part of the day. The best part was that since he is naturally very chilled, he actually made everyone feel at ease. Which was brilliant, since weddings can get a bit hectic. As for me, I love the idea of having a pet on that special day as long as the theme is something more casual and low key like a picnic-style wedding. How about you?

Btw: Years ago my mom told me that she attended a wedding where the couple’s Scottish Terrier ring bearer ran away with the ring and they had to chase him down before they could finish the ceremony. She said that as awful as that was at the time, it actually became a great memory of the day. Ha! xo

P.S: Would you get married barefoot?
P.P.S: 1 couple, 1 world, 30 weddings!
 
(Photos by and via Erin Kate, Style Me Pretty, Percy, Magnolia Rouge, Leo Patrone, Vogue)

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thumbs way up for me!! I love the idea of including a dear pet in special festivities. Jill

Joyti said...

I would, seeing as my pet is such a big part of my inner life. More than say, that third-aunt-once-removed I've only met three times in my life :P

little t said...

I'm SUCH a doggie person... but I draw the line at weddings!

Jillian said...

if you have them then THUMBS up. so cute. if they are ok with crowds that is! xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

Christine said...

Depends on your guest, I think. I would not want to include pets in my wedding if I knew they would make somebody uncomfortable (being allergic or just anxious).

LyddieGal said...

I think it is very sweet to include the dog, just so long as someone has volunteered to be the dog's sitter for the event and the day and make sure he's being taken care of and then brought home after the photos!
Chic on the Cheap

Marta GarcĂ­a said...

The dog ran away with the rings, hilarious! Here, in Barcelona, I've never seen pets in any wedding, I guess if the wedding is in the country, for example, it's more feasible. Have a great day, Diana!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Thumbs and paws up!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Joyti :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, that is a very good point, Jillian.

Diana Mieczan said...

Christine, I totally agree!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lyddie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Marta:) You too, darling

Diana Mieczan said...

Giggle, Marieken:)

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Thumbs up for sure! Your dog is a part of your family, so he has to be there!

lucent imagery said...

Absolutely! My dog was our ringbearer and there for the whole day. Everyone loved taking turns to cuddle him, give him water. Photos of us doing our first dance have him in the background watching and smiling at my mum's feet. It is a perfect representation of his place in our family. Very loved.

Sage said...

OMG, I adore these photos!
I've had a few stray cats crash a wedding on the beach here, they love wedding dresses ;)

Diana Mieczan said...

I love what you said, Mandy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh, I love this so much, lucent imagery :)

Diana Mieczan said...

How funny, Sage:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk