The other night Balazs and I watched The Monuments Men. Have you seen it already? It's a 2014 drama with some totally endearing comedic moments, played by a stellar cast of George Clooney, Matt Damon, Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett, among others.
It's a true story of an officer and art historian who leads a team of fellow art experts in pursuit of art treasures looted by the Nazis and returning them back to their rightful owners. The only problem is that as much as they love and know art, they are pretty clueless when it comes to war. So their sometimes great plans, result in mischief, a bit of heartache, a few laugh-out-loud moments and a dash of pure panic. It's one of those films that doesn't feel like a war story, it feels like a movie about the love for art, the adoration of beauty and a start of a great friendship. A must see!
Bits and bobs:
- George Clooney directed, co-wrote and starred in the film.
- George on films and shoes.
- The whole cast on Jimmy Kimmel.
- Giggle, George back in the day - 1985!
- More on the film...
- I loved Matt Damon in The Bourne Identity.
- George Clooney's prank on Matt - giggle!
- Hahah...still makes me laugh.
- Whenever I think of Bill Murray, what pops into my mind is Lost in Translation and Groundhog Day. You?
- Bill's bucket list :)
- Did you know that Bill was on the first ever episode of Late Show with David Letterman in 1982? (The year I was born).
- The other film I loved with Cate Blanchett was Blue Jasmine. She was amazing in it!
- Remember John Goodman in Roseanne? Or Bob Balaban in Moonrise Kingdom? (One of my all time favourite films).
P.S: Plus this one and this one is pretty awesome too:)
P.S: Plus, a few other films that you might be in the mood for.
(Photos via IMDb)