Dish Soap Made Easy

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Have you tried making your own dish soap before? Ever since I discovered this homemade laundry detergent, I’ve been fascinated with what actually goes into the entire range of products we use on a daily basis. So yesterday morning the genius Paul Lowe got me hooked on homemade dish soap.

To be honest, I always had this idea that dish soap contains like 15 different ingredients, making it impossible to recreate, but the reality is very different. You just need 4 ingredients, of which water and essential oil you probably already have at home. It’s that easy and it takes about 5 minutes from start to finish!

The most surprising thing is it works as well as the regular kind, but it comes with no chemicals, no unpronounceable ingredients, no preservatives and no petroleum. Bonus: it's healthier for your hands (it won’t dry them - so no gloves needed). Win-win! Would you try it?

Btw: I made mine with rosemary essential oil (it smells so good) but you are welcome to choose a different scent like lavender, lemon or even mint. My friend Sofia made it with grapefruit. Here is the full how to. xo

P.S: Also, a great way to use eucalyptus oil.
P.P.S: Ah, and this little nook is on my mind today.

(Photo by Alexandra Grablewski via Leite's Culinaria)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How intriguing. I will definitely try it. Any idea where can I buy vegetable glycerine? Jill

Melissa Blake said...

I've honestly never even thought of this...what a great idea! Thanks, Diana! xoxo

Pixelhazard said...

For some reason I envisaged a bar ..yuck but this looks great and better for tiny hands

Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, the best place for it is your local grocery store or a drugstore. Hope that helps:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Melissa:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Pixelhazard :)

Art Farm said...

Too funny, I was just thinking this morning I wonder how hard it is to make your own dish soap?! And BOOM! Diana to the rescue! Thanks, dear! xo, Katie

Emmy Weiss said...

Oh, I may have to try this! I currently buy a brand of Dawn soap that smells like lavender, so that would be super easy to replicate! =) Thanks for sharing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awww...Katie! You just made my day with your comment. xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Emmy, my pleasure. I love lavender scent.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk