Dipping Toes...

Monday, July 28, 2014






Weeks ago I asked my friend Abby what does she wanted to do on the morning of her wedding. I wanted to make sure that these usually nerve-wracking and stressful few hours will be spent in enjoyment. I suggested a lazy breakfast on the balcony of the cottage we all stayed in, but she said that she wanted to spend it by the water. So on Saturday morning we walked down the little path where our rented cottage was and we just stood in the water, sipped our coffee, enjoyed the view of the trees all around and laughed about all the little mishaps that might or might not happen before the ceremony. That little moment made me realize how strong bond we actually have and how something so simple as feeling the cool water dance between your toes can relax, unwind and calm down your soul. Hands down this was my favourite moment of the wedding weekend.

How would you spend the morning before your wedding or how did you? xo

P.S: Four-legged wedding guests.
P.P.S: This film is a must see!

(Photos via/by Lost in the Moment, TOTW, Josefin, Stories by Ash, Milk Magazine)

14 comments:

Steph said...

Aw, I love this. Toe dipping rocks, and what a great way to spend a wedding morning. For me, it was straight to the hairdresser at 8:30am to start the hair and makeup for a noon wedding!

Art Farm said...

What a lovely way to start the day! So calming and grounding. My day started with a trip to the hairdresser and back to my apartment for makeup. I had my two good friends with me, so they kept me fed and entertained! xo, Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

this sounds perfect!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Felicity said...

Blissful!
You've evoked such beautiful images Diana and I'm sure that the calm of this morning will be remembered fondly by all amidst the laughter and excitement that followed.
Happy day Beautiful xx

Hildi said...

Perfect start to the big day. I spent it with my 3 closest girlfriends, swimming in the ocean, (Got married in Bali), late breakfast. It was a great start to the day....

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I love that your wedding was at noon:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, sounds great!

Diana Mieczan said...

Felicity:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Hildi, that sounds wonderful! Swimming is so relaxing and I love that you got married in Bali:)

tutusandtea said...

Diana, I just *LOVE* this post!! What a sacred moment to share with the bride-to-be.. I can't imagine a better way to enjoy that special morning...

tutusandtea said...

Diana, I just *LOVE* this post!! What a sacred moment to share with the bride-to-be.. I can't imagine a better way to enjoy that special morning...

Mandy Doornenbal said...

This sounds like the best plan for your wedding morning!! It's so special and close.

Diana Mieczan said...

tutusandtea, awww. Thank you for such a sweet comment!

Diana Mieczan said...

It was really wonderful, indeed Mandy:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk