Blended

Tuesday, July 15, 2014







Meet Sam, a baby boy who was adopted by the most wonderful little family. His aunt (and a pretty genius photographer by day) Kate T. Parker created a beautifully raw and heartfelt series of Sam’s journey so far. She started taking his snapshots from the point he was born and adopted by her sister and brother-in-law and till this day, she continues capturing on film those precious little moments. She says, that she simply can’t resist following the journey of this little guy becoming more and more part of their family clan. I don’t know about you, but each time I look at those photos my heart feels so full. I love how raw and candid each image feels. Ah, precious!

I'm curious, would you consider adoption? Do you know anyone who did? xo

P.S: Baby faces.
P.P.S: Let's talk babies and age.

(My Modern Met)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

We never considered it since we planned only 2 children but these images are making me want to add another one to our family. Jill

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Beautiful photos! My sister's oldest daughter is adopted but we mostly forget the fact.

Jillian Manesh said...

beautiful photos!! we want to adopt in the future. xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Stunning photo's!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh yes. But I want to adopt a toddler, maybe four or five. That's the goal, at least. And I want them to be Japanese, not sure if that's possible. But we'll see!

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...Jill!

Diana Mieczan said...

How sweet, Sally.

Diana Mieczan said...

I love that, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..Tiffany:)

Monica | Hola!design said...

so sweet!!! I'd love to adopt one day!!!

Anonymous said...

I have 3 beautiful children! One born in my tummy & two born in my heart. We are a transcultural family & are so very blessed!!! These pics remind me of our son! Can't wait to adopt again!
Blessings & thanks for posting!
Grace

Joyti said...

These shots are SO beautiful!

And yes, these are so beautifully candid and emotional.

Heidi Robbins said...

We adopted both our daughters as newborns- our 7 year old is from Mississippi, and our 10 month old is from here in San Diego, so we are able to meet with her birth parents once a month so they can see how she's grown. We're hoping to finalize her adoption within the next couple months! It's an exciting time :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Grace, your comment just melted my heart! Especially this part: "One born in my tummy & two born in my heart" - so beautiful!

Diana Mieczan said...

Joyti :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Heidi, how exciting:) I am so happy for you!

Steph said...

Beautiful photos. I don't think I would adopt, but mainly because I don't even know if I want kids, so if I couldn't have them, then that would be my answer. But I think it's great, generally, when people do. I know a few people who were adopted, but no one who has adopted (well, besides their parents!)

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk