Bedroom White

Thursday, July 31, 2014







What is your favourite bed sheets/bedding colour? Mine is crisp white that has been washed with a dash of eucalyptus essential oil. Years ago, my mom told me that people who have hard time sleeping should keep their bedroom cool, neutral and sleep on white bed sheets. I'm not sure how scientific that actually is, but it has been my go-to formula for the longest time. It also helps that in our mind white sheets emanate freshness and crispness and no matter how dark the room is, it always makes it look so much more inviting and fresh. Don't you think? xo

P.S: Family coziness :)
P.P.S: Magical dreams.

(Photos by/via Coastal Style, Coco Lapine, Breakfast in the Morning, Bodie and Fou, Stylizimo, Huslig Heter, Danielle de Lange)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

White is classic and I love that people always go back to it. We also like light grey or dusk. Jill

Art Farm said...

White is my favorite. I also like to mix in some grey too, but only in pillowcases. I love the idea of washing sheets with eucalyptus oil. That sounds very refreshing! xo, Katie

Carmen said...

Another white+grey fan! But paired with my teal Kantha (with touches of pink)

Jillian said...

i like classic white sheets too, they are so clean and fresh! xoxo jillian

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Diana, I wholeheartedly agree! When I moved into my current apartment I was all about terra cotta hues but lately I´m craving white and will go towards it.

Love the photos!

Gwen said...

This post makes me want to run and take a flying leap into bed! ;) I think white sheets are lovely but w kids we go with tan ;)

Mary Jo Matsumoto said...

Me too Diana! I'm all about the white white white sheets and last year my splurge was getting all white linen sheets + duvet...worth every pretty penny :) Happy end of July!
xo Mary Jo

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I love me a white bedroom and sheets! I also have black ones, but I always go for the white. Makes my bedroom feel a bit hotel-y :-)

Young at Heart said...

Most definately white bed linen.........the room is raspberry.......am inspired to do alundry tomorrow though!!

Eliza Jane said...

Oh I'm the same! Except The Fella hates anything white. He says it's too hard to keep clean.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, oh yes + dust is beautiful as well:)

Diana Mieczan said...

It totally is, Katie. I love the smell of eucalyptus!

Diana Mieczan said...

How lovely, Carmen - love!

Diana Mieczan said...

Martie :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Gwen, I adore your comment! Giggle:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Muah, Mary Jo:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Young at Heart, I love that your bedroom is raspberry colour:)

Steph said...

You know, I don't think I've ever owned white sheets, come to think of it! Or white bedding generally. But I love photos of white bedding, especially white bedding with magazines and tea. Bliss. Maybe I should invest! Might find them inspiring.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk