25 000 Mornings...

Monday, July 14, 2014


Did you know that you will wake up for about 25 000 mornings in your adult life? I've been wondering if that's a lot or a little - what do you think?

If you look at it just as a number, it seems an awful lot, but if you think about how many mornings have actually passed, it doesn't seem that much, does it? So here is a challenge: from today till the end of the month let's try and really acknowledge every single morning. Deal? From the time you open your eyes, face the day, and decide what to do next, there is a little window of morning bliss that we shouldn't rush through. I know that weekday mornings can get really hectic, but if you just squeeze in a 3-minute breather, then it's already a good start! What's your morning routine from the point you wake up? xo

P.S: Dear Monday morning.
P.P.S: 30 minutes to yourself in silence, could you do it?

(Photos by/via Jonathan Duriaux, Childish Toy, Matchbook Mag)

10 comments:

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

I agree, it sounds like a lot. If you do the math though it´s just around 68.5 years and personally, I hope to grow older than that ;)

The photos really capture the essence of the perfect morning to me. Love them.

I really slow down on weekends and indulge into this crisp-morning-feeling with coffee and folk music and pancakes or eggs... Pure bliss.

During the week it´s more or less the same everyday but mindfulness won´t hurt, I agree!

Thanks for the reminder! xo Martie

Art Farm said...

I love this idea! Most mornings I try to take 10 minutes between my showerfor myself. It always includes me drinking a cup of coffee and sometimes I'll be checking instagram, or journaling, this morning I read a chapter of the new book I'm reading.

My weekday mornings are normally: wake up, feed and water my cat, brew a pot of coffee, drink a glass of water, shower, 10 minute break, apply make-up, wake up husband and get dressed. Mornings I don't wash my hair, I have a bit of extra time so I try to journal.

I love my weekend mornings which are long and leisurely! I'll drink way more coffee (probably too much) and normally do a lot of reading. In the summer, I'll read outside and inspect the garden. I love those mornings!

xo, katie

Crafty Lumberjacks said...

Love this simple beautiful post! It so important to be mindful of the little moments that are usually overlooked. Thank you for reminding us!

dlugadrogadodomu said...

My routine...
I wake up at about 5.30 thinking "Oh God, no! Today I have to go to bed earlier" (that never happens). Then I'm trying to get up till 5.50-6.00. I wash my teeth, get dressed and I walk my dog. After that I do my make-up, eat something, prepare my "lunch" for work and about 7 am I have to go to work. Rush hour.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Martie and your weekend mornings sound so dreamy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Love what you said, Katie and I also adore checking instagram early in the morning with a cup of coffee in my hand - bliss!

Diana Mieczan said...

Crafty Lumberjacks, awww...my pleasure!

Diana Mieczan said...

dlugadrogadodomu, what type of dog do you have? :)

dlugadrogadodomu said...

English cocker spaniel, you can see him under #wspaniel on my Instagram :)
(here for example: http://instagram.com/p/o7qiUPs-nx/?modal=true)

Diana Mieczan said...

Kasia, he is so cute! Thanks for the link:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk