Share your sounds!

Monday, June 30, 2014

Over the weekend while BBQ-ing at a friends' house and stuffing myself with blueberries, I learned an awesome little summer music trick that I wanted to share!

Our friend Tom wanted to play us a few recently discovered tunes from his phone, but we were short on speakers, so he brought out a glass to the garden, placed his phone in it and pressed play. I had no idea you can use a simple mug or a glass to replace speakers, but it worked so well! We spent the rest of the night chatting, sipping wine and listening to Avicii. My summer evenings will never be the same.

Psst: Supposedly the concave shape of the glass amplifies the sound creating a substitute for speakers. Nifty, isn't it? Go ahead and try it! xo

P.S: Summer wine trick.
P.P.S: Summer goals?

(Photos by Ashley - 7th House on the Left)


Anonymous said...

How simple and fun. I'm going to try it. Jill

Pixelhazard said...

What a brilliant idea for bath time music with the kidlet!

Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

LyddieGal said...

what a clever trick, and it really does work!
Chic on the Cheap

Roselie said...

Nifty indeed! Thanks for sharing...

Vintage Market Place said...

Oh wow how cool is that.
Totally giving it a try

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I read about this before and I love this trick!

Hannah Q. Parris said...

I just tried this last night and totally impressed my husband. He didn't believe it would work! Thanks for the tip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk