Nifty Trick To Summer Ponytail Perfection

Wednesday, June 4, 2014


Do you ever have the feeling that your ponytail doesn’t look quite as you wanted it to? It’s a bit droopy or not as full and usually it drops as the day goes on? Well, for years I’ve been searching for the perfect ponytail trick and guess what, I finally found it! It involves 2 minutes of your time and 2 bobby pins – that is all!

Fancy trying it too? Here is how it goes: Once you've put your hair in a ponytail, insert two bobby pins halfway inside the elastic and facing downward toward the crown of your head. Then, fluff your ponytail and flip it over for a fuller look that won't sag or droop.

That is how it’s done – the perfect summer hairdo! Btw: I'm wearing it right now:) Will you try it too? What's your go-to summer do? xo

P.S: Just got myself this set of sassy hair bands.
P.P.S: And how about this swoonworthy side-braid or this little summer bun?

(Photos via Harpers Bazaar and Inhaler Savvy)

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

How easy and finally my pony will look as it should. Thanks Diana. Love, Jill.

Vintage Market Place said...

YAY!!! Oh thank you for this. I am trying it today!!
Amy

Pamela Bates said...

I'm 'almost' wearing a ponytail. I'm wearing my 'half ponytail, half bun', I pull my hair hair halfway through on the last loop of the band. I like this idea with the pins though! gotta love a little extra height!

Art Farm said...

Genius! I will definitely try this!! -Katie

Jillian Manesh said...

great trick!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Oh my! Just two bobby pins? I will definitely give it a try.

Heidi Robbins said...

Brilliant! Mine is always saggy- can't wait to have a perkier ponytail! :) Thanks for sharing!

Merry Meri said...

ohmygosh this is brilliant!! THANKS for sharing and happy hump day darling :)

Tanvi Rastogi said...

Gotta try this fo'sho!

∞ tanvii.com ∞

LyddieGal said...

what a neat trick! I will have to try it!
Chic on the Cheap

Liz Halle said...

Love this! So using it.

xo

Stephanie said...

It works! I tried it and got a perky pony.

little t said...

Love this... very clever!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Amy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Nifty, isn't it Marieken?

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Heidi:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Meri :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Stephanie! It's awesome, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Tried it -- the pins dig into my head painfully and my ponytail doesn't really look any different. Guess I have too much hair for this, like most styles. :/

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it's all about what bobby pins you use. I have thick hair as well and it works great on me. Maybe try instead of two putting 3 bobby pins - this way you get a better hold. Hope that helps!

Sarah Catherine said...

What do you mean by "flip it over?" Flip the pony tail holder around?

Diana Mieczan said...

Sarah, simply flip your ponytail back so it covers the bobby pins. Hope that helps:)

Anonymous said...

Can you explain the directions more? They just make zero sense to me. Do the bobby pins go on top of the ponytail or underneath it? Seriously, I can't believe I don't get this! Thanks.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, sure...
1. put your hair in a ponytail
2. tilt your head down and insert two bobby pins (underneath) halfway inside the elastic and facing downward toward the crown of your head (like on the two first photos)
3. Then, flip your head and your ponytail back and you're ready!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk