Nifty ginger (peeling) trick!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Lately we've been having tons of ginger water around here. The thing is, I love how healthy ginger is, I adore the beautiful scent it leaves on my fingers after cutting but I really dislike peeling it. So when a few weeks ago Alessandra discovered a new way to peeling ginger, I literally couldn't believe how awesome it is. I tried it the same day and it worked exactly as she said. Main thing is, you have to freeze the ginger before.

This is how it works: take out a piece of ginger from the freezer and put it in a bowl of water for about 5 minutes. When you take it out, the peel will come off on its own. It's magical.

Do you use ginger in your kitchen? xo

P.S: Also, a few other tricks for: peach, asparagus, avocado, cherry, corn, basil and kiwi.
P.P.S: Plus, this superfood mocktail with ginger.

(Photo by Alessandra Zecchini)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot get enough of your trick and I never tasted ginger water before. Will you post a recipe, please? Jill

Art Farm said...

Ooo! I need to try this. I hate peeling ginger. Such a pain. I've tried using a spoon and it works pretty well, but only if the skin is thin. And forget about the nobbly bits. Those are such a pain. :) xo, Katie

Claudz said...

wow! I love this. Popping my ginger in the fridge so I can try this soon

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, yes of course:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Spoon? I will try it, Katie:) Thanks!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Claudz:)

Virginia Young said...

Thanks for the tip...I LOVE ginger water. I sometimes add some mint and a couple of cucumber slices, its's refreshing

Diana Mieczan said...

I like the idea of adding cucumber pieces, Virginia. I will try it too, thank you:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk