Natural way to make your tap water taste delicious

Tuesday, June 3, 2014


Lovelies, do you drink tap water? Do you filter it?

Balazs and I’ve been using different water filters on and off for years. It seemed like a good option for healthier and tastier water and we even tried overlooking the weird aftertaste it left at times. Did that happen to you too?

Anyway, for the past several months everyone around kept telling me to try binchotan charcoals, but being a bit sceptical about it, I wanted to wait till it felt right. So after reading and seeing how well it works, last week I got it and started to use it daily.

Basically, Binchotan charcoal is a black stick made in Japan that has tons of uses - like purifying drinking water. When you get it, simply follow a few instructions. (Adrianna has a great how-to). Afterwards you can just stick it into your water jug and let it do its magic for up to a few weeks. The surprising thing is that the water tastes so much fresher and with no aftertaste or smokiness of any kind. Plus, it looks pretty and one stick can last for up to a few months if you follow the re-juicing routine correctly.

If you haven’t tried it yet, you totally should! You will be surprised how tasty your tap water will get! Thoughts? Have you tried it already? xo

P.S: I use those after Erin's recommendation - they seem great!
P.P.S: Energy boosting chia fresca.

(Photos by Erin Boyle and via Terrain)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the first time I hear about it. I like all your fun tips and I will be trying this one too. Do you know of any online shops in Europe that carry it?

Art Farm said...

I used to use Binchotan charcoal all the time. This is a good reminder to pick some more up. I also love that when you're done with the charcoal, you can toss it into your garden. I just found this explanation of what it can do:
In your garden, recycle old, used charcoal. Broken pieces of Binchotan can be mixed or applied over regular soil. The infinite number of tiny holes in Binchotan creates great air and water passages in soil. This use helps to increase microbe activity and creates ideal soil for healthy plants.

Cool!

Happy Tuesday, Diana! xo, katie

Jillian Manesh said...

VERY interesting! i use a brita filter but i hate how i get little clumps of black piece in my water. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, my mom ordered some from this shop in the UK: http://milkconceptboutique.co.uk/product/kishu-binchotan/

Diana Mieczan said...

So cool, Katie! Thanks for that. I am totally going to recycle them.

Diana Mieczan said...

You should try those, Jillian. They work so well.

Beatriz Ramirez said...

I need to order this! I keep coming across the black+blum water bottle designed for these and they are so cute. i will definitely try this soon.

Steph said...

Good to know! I always buy bottled water because I hate the taste of tap water...

Diana Mieczan said...

Beatriz, yes those water bottles are very cool!

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, the tap water here is pretty clean just not the pipes.

LyddieGal said...

Wow, how cool! I do drink my tap water but use the traditional type of filter.
Chic on the Cheap

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk