Lemon Blueberry Muffins

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

What's your favourite berries? Blueberries are on top of my list! So when yesterday I spotted them on the farmers' market, I got a whole box. Half of it was gone by the time I got home (typical) but the other half I used to make muffins.

Well, not your ordinary muffins - hands down the most amazing, light, moist and zesty cakes I have ever had! Julia is a genius for combining yogurt, berries and lemon zest in one simple recipe!

Huge plus: they take no time to make and you will eat them all in one sitting with a cup of coffee and good company:) I'm making them again on Thursday for a breakfast picnic I'm having with a few friends.

Lemon Blueberry Muffins
(Makes 6-8. Recipe adapted from Julia Frey of Vikalinka)

- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) of butter
- 1/2 cup (125 grams) plain yogurt (I used Activia)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons (3/8 cup) of milk
- 1/4 vanilla pod (seeded)
- Lemon zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 handfuls of washed and fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. In a large bowl mix your flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and butter. In a small bowl mix lightly beaten egg, yogurt, vanilla, lemon juice and milk. Add wet ingredients to the dry ones. Add blueberries and lemon zest. Stir gently in order not to crush blueberries. Scoop into greased or paper lined muffins tin and bake at 350F/180C for 20-25 minutes. Ta dah!

P.S: How about those cookies, this blueberry sorbet or this Nutella + blueberry French toast?
P.P.S: Yum!

(Photos and layout by exPress-o)


Anonymous said...

Blueberries with strawberries close second. The only thing I can say about this post is WOW beautiful. Jill

Mandy Doornenbal said...

Can you send me one (or two)?! They look delicious! XOXO

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...so sweet of you to say that, Jill:) Thank you.

Diana Mieczan said...

Sure, Mandy:) xoxo

Monica | Hola!design said...

I love the pictures so much! I love strawberries and blueberries the most. I haven't made muffins in a long time. Time to start baking. :)

Joyti said...

Blueberries or raspberries...though I like tayberries and strawberries too. Too hard to pick just one!

The muffins look great.

Kaitlyn Jacques said...

Now those look yummy! :-)

Art Farm said...

Yum! I could eat three of those right now, my dear! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww..thanks, Monica:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Joyti, I agree. They all are pretty delicious, aren't they?

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...


Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk