Instant Mood Fix

Monday, June 30, 2014

Do you ever feel a little unhappy, uneasy and generally meh but not sure why or how to improve your mood? Well, yesterday I read an easy two-step trick that might just help.

First ask yourself: 'Am I happy right now?' If the answer is no, ask question number two: 'What obstacle is in my way?' It can be as simple as ''I'm feeling low on energy because I'm hungry' or as me this morning: 'I'm dreading the deadline that I'm not quite ready for yet'.

If you can accept your situations, fine. But if you can't, make decision about what you're going to do. For example: 'I'm going to have oatmeal for breakfast to get my energy level up' or 'I'm going to reorganize my schedule this week, just so I can comfortably meet my deadline without being late - prioritizing.'

Supposedly, when you ask yourself those questions, you momentarily pause the mind churn. That in turn allows your brain to focus on this one thing. This not only helps you figure out what to do, it makes you feel less anxious, more in charge of what is bothering you and makes you realize that it's probably not so bad after all.

Makes sense doesn't it? Would you try it? How are you today?  xo

P.S: Grounding and relaxing = productivity?
P.P.S: What did you do at 25?

(Photo via Rosie. Tip by Susan Weinschenk via Red Magazine)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like simple solutions like the one you pasted. I'll try it on my way to yoga after work since I'm not feeling it today so far.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, simple solutions work best, don't they?

Elsa de Diego said...

Right on! Rationalizing through things when you feel a bit down is always empowering. Thanks for sharing! XO

Kaitlyn Jacques said...

Great Post! :-)

Mary Jo Matsumoto said...

I love this and know that when I stop to do it this solution almost always works. Now to remember to do it all the time ;)

xo Mary Jo

Elizabeth Saucier said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk