How to use your strawberry tops

Monday, June 23, 2014

Whenever I trim strawberries, I always end up feeling guilty for binning the ends since you can never be precise enough on how much of the actual fruit you end up cutting off. So a few days ago I finally found a way to use them in a scrumptious way.

Just take your rinsed strawberry tops and place them into a large jar. Fill it with water and let it sit for an hour or so in your fridge. It will create softly infused, fruity water.

We made two variations: one with strawberry tops and basil and another one with strawberry tops and mint. Both ended up great! How do you use your strawberry tops? Our friend makes ice cream topping sauce with them. xo

P.S: And a few other takes on strawberries.
P.P.S: How to STRAWberry :)

(Photos by James Ransom for Food52)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that a lot and mint-strawberry sounds refreshing.

Claudz said...

this is such a great idea!

Mandy Doornenbal said...

What a great idea! I'm going to try it right now :)

little luxury list said...

I've had it with mint - the combination is so refreshing!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Pixelhazard said...

I love the idea of using all of something. This is a great idea for at home


Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

Lady Grey said...

I'm intrigued!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

What a great idea! I have gotten some strawberries at the market, so I will give this a go :-)

Art Farm said...

Fantastic idea! I'll have to try this when I finally make your galette! xo, Katie

Elsa de Diego said...

Great idea! It feels so bad to have to throw away food! Muah!

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Mandy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh yes, totally refreshing, indeed Chic 'n Cheap Living

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Pixelhazard:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Awesome, Marieken and Katie:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Same here, Elsa:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk