How to extend the life of your candles

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Do you burn candles all year round? A few years ago I got into the habit of lighting a candle in the evenings when I have to work later. Somehow the scent creates a soothing vibe that pushes the tiredness away and gives me the mental headspace to work on. Anyway, thanks to Katie, I recently learned a trick that can prolong the life of our favourite candles.

How? Well, just stick them into the freezer the night before you want to burn them. That is it! Supposedly, if the candle is cold when you light it, it burns much slower, so you can enjoy it for much longer. It works like a charm! Try it!

What’s your favourite scent? I am hooked on this one.

P.S: Remember those?
P.P.S: Plus, 5 ways to care for yourself when you're too busy. (Psst, lighting a candle is one of them).

(Thanks Katie. Photo via Smooth)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I mostly use Yankee candles and my recent fave is lemon zest. Thanks for the tip, going to try it today. Jill

Cara Gardner said...

great tip!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Never heard of this trick before, thanks for sharing!

Jillian Manesh said...

wow! super easy and FREE tip! love it. ill have to try it soon. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

Thanks for the shout-out, my dear! It's such an easy and awesome trick and seriously works!! I finally put it to use and definitely notice my little mini diptyque lasting for quite awhile longer than normal. That rosemary candle sounds amazing!! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Lemon zest sounds so refreshing and perfect for summer, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Glad you like it, Cara:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, Jill:)

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, Katie! I love it so much:)

little t said...

Cool tip, I'd never heard of that! I'll try it!

Diana Mieczan said...

little t :)

Martie @ Spunkyrella said...

Thanks for the great tip, Diana!

I am thinking about getting a few candles from the Etsy shop Penelope, if you know them - and hope I´ll remember this til fall ;)

xoo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk