How to buy the perfect summer hat

Monday, June 2, 2014




Do you wear floppy hats or sassy fedoras during the summer? I used to be terrified of hats but ever since last summer, I embraced them and now I can't get enough of them. Last week I went to buy a new one with the intention to walk out of the store with a floppy wide brim beauty, but I ended up with a really great Panama. How? Well the lady in the shop told me a little secret to buying hats. She said: "Never assume which hat you will end up with. Try them all and the one that feels the most you is the winner".

Actually, it felt very freeing to hear that since none of the wide brim hats looked how I imagined, but as soon as she handed me the Panama hat, I knew it was for me.

Here are a few different styles that might just be perfect for you.

1. Fedora.
2. Woven Fedora.
3. Panama hat.
4. Wide brim hat.
5. Trilby hat.

Have you ever just gone to a hat shop and let the hat choose you? Which one tickles your fancy? xo

P.S: Understated spring uniform.
P.P.S: The forever piece.

(Photos via Jillian, Polienne, Her New Tribe)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hats don't suit me but it's maybe because I choose the wrong style. You made me very happy with this post Diana. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Aww...I am so pleased Jill:)

Jillian Manesh said...

great tips! i really like the last hat! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Ela said...

My favorite is number 4.
Great pictures !
Greetings

Hildi said...

What a great collection of hats! Love 'em all X

HelloSweetcheeks said...

I'm a huge fan of the floppy hats for summer...My problem is the color. I like plain and every where I go the hats have tassels & jewels & too much!! Finding a lovely, natural woven hat is tough!

Steph said...

I have a cute red one from Ted Baker that Jorge bought me at Heathrow on the way to New York last autumn, but I haven't worn it in ages. Now I'm inspired to pull it out of the closet!

LyddieGal said...

I love summer hats. they are the best, and definitely my favorite. so many cute looks!
Chic on the Cheap

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I have bespoke hats for the various seasons.

Art Farm said...

I used to be afraid of hats too and thought I looked terrible in them, but the combination of needing some sun protection and finding some ones that looked cute on change my mind. I picked up a panama hat last summer. Hat twins! :) I love it. Great tips. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

It would look great on you, Jillian:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ela :)

Diana Mieczan said...

HelloSweetcheeks, you should try asos, they have some amazing and understated floppy hats:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay Steph:) Hope you do it!

Diana Mieczan said...

How wonderful, Fashion art and other fancies:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Cheers to hat twins, Katie:) I love that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk