Butter Coffee?

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Would you try 'butter coffee'? Have you ever heard of it? Supposedly, it’s common practice in Tibet, Malaysia and Singapore to put a teaspoon of butter in your morning coffee or tea. The combination of your beverage mixed with butter or coconut oil is said to energize your body while giving your metabolism a huge jumpstart for the day. Chris recently had his first cuppa and he thought it was surprisingly creamy, silky and it made his coffee taste less bitter, but too filling.

Also, this type of coffee is part of many diets and some people even top it off with a spoon of raw cocoa to add an extra level to the taste. How interesting, isn’t it? I’m going to hunt down a place in the city that serves it so I can just try it and see how it tastes. How about you? Would you? xo

P.S: Some even add egg yolks.
P.P.S: Better than coffee and this nifty trick to the perfect office brew.

(Photo by Julie Marie Craig)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

My grandmother used to put butter into her morning coffee with a bit of honey.

My Bathroom/Wardrobe Is My Castle said...

Have to try this; thank you for sharing.
Have a great Thursday.
xoxo

Art Farm said...

Oh interesting! I've never heard of this before, but I would totally give it a try. Coconut oil sounds really tasty! Happy Thursday, dearie! -Katie

Elizabeth Williams said...

Find the recipe and the concept behind it at bulletproofexec.com.
It's delish! And so satisfying.
I'm not an employee of Dave Asprey, just a grateful fan of the wisdom he shares.
Try it!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Never heard of coffee and butter, but I might give it a try! I like to add honey to my latte.

Liz Halle said...

Hmmmm! I definitely need to try.

xx

Monica | Hola!design said...

Coffee and Butter? My two favorite things! I love anonymous' idea of adding honey.

nereisa said...

Dave' Asprey's Bulletproof Coffee!

Diana Mieczan said...

How interesting, Anonymous.

Diana Mieczan said...

My pleasure, My Bathroom/Wardrobe Is My Castle

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks for that, Elizabeth:) I am going to check it out right away.

Diana Mieczan said...

Monica :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Thanks, nereisa :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk