When was the last time you...?

Wednesday, May 7, 2014



Darlings, how about another round of getting to know each other? It’s been a whopping four months since the last time we properly chatted and I’ve been dying to ask you a few new questions. So how about it? Are you game?

I’ll go first.

The last time I tried new-to-me food was little over two weeks ago, when my friend Sofia came over for breakfast and we made BananaCado – a very popular breakfast in East Africa that contains avocado, banana, salt, chapatti bread and a slice of mango on the side. It was delicious!

The last time a random guy complimented me was on Sunday while in a restaurant. The waiter liked my choice of lipstick colour - felt good!

And the last time I felt proud about something I did was early last week when my avocado finally (after months of wait) decided to sprout. Eek, now I know that I’m going somewhere with that little sucker. (I will keep you posted on the progress).

Now your turn, when was the last time you tried a new-to-you food/dish, got a compliment from a random guy and felt proud about something you did? Do tell! xo

P.S: Do you smooch in public?
P.P.S: Also, don't miss our sassy Mother's Day necklace GIVEAWAY!

(Photos by Yoke and Travelettes, and via Her Paperweight)

6 comments:

Jillian Manesh said...

i had Vietnamese the other week for the first time. it was SO good! i also talked to my boss about some important job issues and i was VERY happy with the outcome! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Steph said...

I love these posts! Tried a new food? I don't know if this counts, but I made for the first time Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread which I'd never had before. That was last weekend. Compliment from a random guy? A cashier in the supermarket said I had a great bag (my new red Michael Kors on that I adore, that was nice!). Proud about something I did? Made myself get out of the house at 7am to photograph the London fog last week! x

Art Farm said...

Great conversation starter, Diana!! The new food I've had recently isn't new, but it was prepared in a new way. Roasted green beans. I've never roasted them before, but it's a good way to bring out the sweetness if the beans are kind of older and a little tough. It's such a delicious way to prepare them. Hm, he isn't a random guy, but my husband complimented me on my eyebrows after I got them threaded and tinted this weekend. Proud of something I did? Making it through a year in a new job, supervising 3 new people and finally just finishing up the evaluation process. It's been a stressful and sometimes rocky year, but I DID IT!! -Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

I am so excited for you, Jillian and I LOVE Vietnamese food too.

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I am still daydreaming about those London fog photos...They are stunning and your new bag sounds super snazzy! Love!

Diana Mieczan said...

Yay, huge congrats, Katie!!! And, I am totally trying roasted green beans now:) YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk