Travel Lust: Coron Island in Philippines

Tuesday, May 20, 2014






Have you been to the Philippines? Recently, while taking the subway, I overheard someone raving over their Philippines vacation. I know it’s not too nice to eavesdrop, but if I hadn't, now we wouldn’t know about this little island in Palawan, the Philippines called Coron that has one of the world’s cleanest lakes. Supposedly this gem of a spot is full of hidden underwater caves, romantic lagoons, the most swoonworthy views, the softest sand and a sunset that will take your breath away.

Ever since that morning, I’m totally daydreaming about morning swims, sunbathing on a boat in the middle of nowhere and going deep-sea fishing for the first time in my life. Le sigh! Wouldn't that be nice? Isn't Coron amazing? xo

P.S: Remember this waterfalls restaurant in the Philippines?
P.P.S: Swoon.

(Photos by Emilio, Flip TravelsRoslyn, Loic Romer and Bryan Rapadas)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could beam myself there today. You find the best travel spots Diana. Jill

Natasha Solae said...

OMG these photos are so beautiful! I, too, have lately been hearing people talk about the Philippines as a wonderful vacation / retirement destination.


xo, N
www.natashasolae.com

Ela said...

Such a gorgeous place and amazing photos ! Greetings :)

Art Farm said...

The water is stunning! Oh what a gorgeous place. xo, Katie

Angela Xie said...

That looks absolutely amazing! Great find. :)

A.k.a. Chymecindy said...

It is really beautiful there.you should come and visit. Palawan has the best beaches and beautiful scenery.

Hildi said...

Wow! Let me just rephrase that: WOW! Stunning.

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Stunning! I'd love to take my bikini and run to the airport ;-)

Steph said...

Oh yes. This place is a little paradise. You find the most beautiful corners of the world for your travel posts. Could be some honeymoon inspiration. We're still deciding!

Eliza Jane said...

Ooooh, I love these photos! I would love to go there. x

Diane Writes said...

Hi Diana! I discovered your blog from my random blog hopping adventures. If I'm not mistaken, I discovered your blog from Marieken.

I felt the need to comment on this post because I'm from the Philippines :) and only a few people knew about my country. It was great to know that people are recognising one of the 7,107 islands that make the Philippines. I made a series of post about Coron Palawan too http://www.dianewantstowrite.com/search/label/Palawan
I've been there last year and it was really an experience of a lifetime! I hope you could really see Coron.

Have a great day!

PS Yes, the Waterfalls restaurant is another must see place too!

Mandy Doornenbal said...

This is heaven on earth! I'm ready to take a plane to the east!

Jerome Tisoy said...

Hello Diana, you should also try to visit el nido. It's a paradise. :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Oh, thank you for telling me, Jerome:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk